SEMO Electric Cooperative seeks a journeyman lineworker with a positive work/life outlook to provide safe, reliable electric distribution service to member-owners in a six county service area in southeast Missouri.
The Cooperative offers a strong wage and benefits package including NRECA retirement and insurance programs. Employee will be a member of IBEW Local 702.
Visit www.gosemo.com for more information about SEMO Electric. Deadline to apply is September 13, 2013. Please see details below.
Position objective is as follows:
- To perform construction, operation and maintenance activities necessary to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Cooperative’s overhead and underground distribution system
Position Responsibilities are as follows:
- Must possess and consistently demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of basic electricity
- Must be able to safely install, change, transfer, move and remove any and all forms of electrical equipment, material and accessories utilized in the construction, maintenance and operation of all overhead and underground electric distribution facilities
- Must have an understanding of the installation of transformers, wiring of transformer banks, regulators capacitors, meters, switching, sectionalizing and other complicated equipment
- Must be able to perform “hotline” work in a safe manner
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating all types of equipment associated with the work being performed
- Must be able to properly read and interpret staking sheets
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe operation of the rural distribution system including patrolling lines, inspecting poles, switching, troubleshooting and outage response
- Will participate in the after-hours on call rotation for outage response
- Must have an understanding of RUS line construction specifications, National Electric Safety Code and rural electric operating methods and procedures
- Must be constantly aware of all hazards and observe all safety rules, regulations and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Position Responsibilities regarding Safety:
- Informs other employees of any unsafe condition that exists or may arise during construction or maintenance operation and assists in correcting the situation
- Becomes familiar with proper method of pole-top rescue
- Able to perform bucket rescue, and general first aid including adult CPR
- Knows proper method of summoning aid on two-way radio
- High school graduate or equivalent required. A Power Lineman Technical Degree or related training program is required. 3-4 years of lineman experience or Journeyman status is preferred. The successful candidate will be expected to climb utility poles. Climbing is a requirement for continued employment. Must have or able to obtain a valid Missouri (CDL) Class A Commercial Driver’s License. Pre-employment drug screening, physical and skills test will be conducted. Position will have a domicile requirement and a six month probationary period.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. This position requires the ability to effectively read and understand technical drawings and specifications, complete routine reports and have the ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, associates, member-owners, vendors and the public.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter, resume and three professional references to: Human Resources, SEMO Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 520, Sikeston, MO 63801. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com. Deadline for applicants to submit cover letter, resume and references is September 13, 2013.